Provides Engineering services to the City, particularly in the areas of transportation, water, wastewater and storm drainage. Designs projects, conducts surveys, inspects contracted projects, plans for long-term improvements to streets, reviews private projects that impact City utilities and keeps maps, surveys and construction drawings up-to-date.
- Manages comprehensive planning
- Design and construction of City infrastructure
- Traffic engineering
- Development of project review and permitting
- Provide engineering services to all City departments
- Obtain grant and low intrest loan funding from federal, and state sources
- Regional coordination
- Establish new street revenue source to fund pavement management and signal needs.
- Pass a transportation development ordinance that requires frontage improvements and street standards.
- Complete design and construction of annual capital projects.
- Complete Comprehensive Transportation Plan that feeds into the City CompPlan.
- Complete Comprehensive Storm Water Plan for Phase II Regulations.
- Put permitting requirements, design and construction standards on cd-rom and the internet.
- Acquire GPS survey gear, and begin GIS inventory of critical City infrastructure.