This website's design is only visible in a browser that supports web standards. The content, however, is still navigable.
Home | City Hall | Public Works & Utilities | Customer Information |
City of Bremerton
345 6th Street, Suite 600
Bremerton, WA 98337
Contact the City!
E-mail the Webmaster

Customer Information

Please use the navigation on the left hand column to locate information on various events and issues concerning our local community. If you have any questions, please contact the webmaster at

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact regarding utility services?
  • Electricity/Gas:
    Cascade Natural Gas -- 1-888-522-1130,
    Ferrellgas -- (360) 373-2515,
    Puget Sound Energy -- (888) 225-5773,
  • Garbage/Recycling:
    Waste Management/Brem-Air/Peninsula Recycling -- (800) 592-9995,
    Grease Prevention -- (360) 473-5927
    Olympic View Transfer Station -- (360) 674-2297
  • Water/Sewer/Storm:
    City of Bremerton Utility Billing -- (360) 473-5316
Who do I contact about power outages?
Contact Puget Sound Energy, 1-888-225-5773, to report power outages and/or to inquire about your electric services.

Who do I contact about street light outages?
All of the street lights downtown are serviced by Puget Sound Energy with the exception of the decorative street lights, which are maintained by the City. Responsibility of the remaining street lights is either Bremerton PW&U or PSE. To report a street light outage contact Bremerton Public Works at 360-473-5920 or Puget Sound Energy (PSE) 1-888-225-5773. It is very helpful if you are able to note the numbers located on the street light pole, as this is how we identify the pole location. If you do not see a number, please try to get a physical address with two cross streets. You may visit for more information.

Who do I contact regarding traffic signal outages?
Traffic signals, within City limits, are serviced by the City's Public Works & Utilities Electronics Division. Please call the dispatch line, (360) 473-5920, to report out signals.

Who do I contact about trees in the power/telephone lines?
The City of Bremerton is not trained to trim in the power lines. To report trees in power/telephone lines, contact Puget Sound Energy , 1-888-225-5773 or Centurylink, 1-877-531-4570.

Is Utility Fees & Rates information available online?
Yes, for current water, wastewater and stormwater rates, fees and charges please download the Utility Rate PDF.

Who do I call regarding a deceased animal in the roadway?
Deceased DOMESTIC animals (i.e. cats, dogs) in roadways must be reported to the Kitsap County Humane Society, (360) 698-9654 ext. 2. Deceased WILD animals (i.e. raccoon, deer, opossum) should be reported to the City of Bremerton, (360) 473-5920.

How do I report pot holes?
Pot holes on City of Bremerton roadways may be reported to the Public Works & Utilities dispatch line, (360) 473-5920, at any time. If calling after normal business hours please leave a message and provide the direction (east bound, west bound, etc.), address of location and the nearest cross street. Pot holes may also be reported using SeeClickFix.

Who do I contact regarding my septic system?
The City of Bremerton does not service septic systems. You will need to contact the Kitsap Public Health District regarding questions on your septic system, (360) 337-5235. For further information online, please visit the Kitsap Public Health District's On-Site Sewage pages.

Does the City have an RV dump station?
The City of Bremerton has an RV dump site at the Wastewater Treatment Plant at 1600 Oyster Bay S. Hours of operation are 7AM to 2PM, Monday through Friday except holidays. The facility is closed Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. If you have questions about this service, please contact 360-473-5400. For information on additional RV dump sites, please visit

Where does my drinking water come from?
The City's water supply comes primarily from the Union River. This source is supplemented with groundwater from area wells. The water is delivered to your home or business by 289 miles of distribution pipe, 18 reservoirs, and 9 pump stations.

Is my drinking water treated?
The City's water sources are treated with chlorine as required for disinfection purposes and pH is adjusted prior to entering the distribution system for corrosion control. Because we are fortunate to have high quality water, this is the only water treatment needed. For more information on your water quality please visit the Annual Drinking Water Quality Report page.

I need to shut off my water.
Your water meter belongs to the City of Bremerton. If you turn off the meter on your own and cause damage, you may be held liable for damage costs. Contact the City of Bremerton, (360) 473-5920, if you need your water shut off to do repairs. The City will provide this service free of charge during normal business hours.

I have discolored water.
Please call the Water Hotline for discolored water flushing instructions, (360) 473-5490.

Where do I pay water, sewer and storm bills?
You can pay utility bills at the Utility Billing office, located at 100 Oyster Bay Ave N, Bremerton WA 98312, Monday through Friday between 8:00AM and 4:30PM. A drop box is available for payments made after normal business hours. You may also pay utility bills at the Norm Dicks Government Center on the 6th floor. There is NO after hours drop box downtown.

I have a question about my bill.
For questions regarding bills, rates and consumption please contact Utility Billing at (360) 473-5316, Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM.

Can I reserve Jarstad Park at Gorst Creek?
Yes. To see if Jarstad Park is available please call (360) 473-5920, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:00PM. Click here for more information.

Where do I obtain Right-of-Way (ROW) permits?
ROW permits are available at the Permit Counter, located in the Norm Dicks Building on the 6th Floor. Permit counter hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. To reach them by telephone call (360) 473-5343.

Is there information online about weekly street closures?
Yes. Please visit the Weekly Street Closure Report page for weekly street closures.