Tax & LicensingThe Annual Exemption for B&O Tax has been raised to $80,000 for 2013
**Have questions? E-mail Tax & License at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Do you need a City of Bremerton business license?
Fill out the License Check Sheet to find out.
Bremerton Municipal Code 5.02 requires that anyone engaging in any business activity in the City limits, first obtain a City of Bremerton business license by filling out a business license application form.
The business license fee is currently $75 per year but it is prorated monthly through the calendar year for new applicants. Once you are registered, you will receive a license renewal notice every December. Please be aware that your license fee is nonrefundable regardless of applying in error or subsequent denial of your application.
A change in ownership of a business requires that the new owner apply for a new license.
If a business is conducted at two or more places within the City, a separate license is required for each place at which business is conducted.
If more than one business is conducted at a single location, a separate license is required for each business.
After registering, if you close or sell your business, it is your responsibility to inform the Tax & License Department in writing. Failure to do so, could result in penalties against your account. The Business Changes form is available below.
Tax Return Form
The Tax Return form is now available in either Microsoft Excel or Adobe PDF format.
- 2013 Tax Return Form pdf | xls
- 2013 Tax Return Form Instructions pdf
- 2012 Tax Return Form and Instructions pdf | xls
- 2011 Tax Return Form and Instructions pdf | xls
- 2010 Tax Return Form and Instructions pdf
- 2008 & 2009 Tax Return Form xls | pdf
- 2008 & 2009 Tax Return Form Instructions pdf
- Job Credits Info & Supplemental Sheet pdf
- Service Income Apportionment Worksheet xls
- Business Changes Form xls | pdf
Washington State Department of Revenue: http://dor.wa.gov/content/home
Bremerton Municipal Code 5.02.040 requires that anyone renting or leasing real property inside Bremerton City limits, first obtain a City of Bremerton landlord license by filling out a landlord license application form.
BUSINESS & LANDLORD LICENSE ONLINE CENTER
The City of Bremerton is pleased to announce you may now renew and make changes to your business or landlord licenses online. To do so, please visit the Business & Landlord License Online Center.
To login to your account, you will need your license number and access code. To obtain your access code, send your request and license number to email@example.com. Please note, a $2.95 convenience fee only applies to making payments and does not apply to making changes to account information.
Download the procedure and form.
SPECIAL EVENTS PERMIT
Bremerton Municipal Code 5.36 requires that any person, firm, company or corporation running, managing, operating or conducting any circus, parade, carnival games/rides, street fairs, sidewalk sales, or other promotional activity within the City must first obtain a regulatory license in addition to a business license. Please download and complete the Special Event Application.
- Complete Special Event Application and submit to Tax and License Division at least three weeks prior to the event date.
- Tax and License will route application to the Police, Fire, Parks, Building, and Engineering Departments and to the City's Risk Manager.
- The Sponsor of the event is responsible for submitting the following items:
- A list of all participants in the event who are selling a product, advertising or generally engaging in business.
- A certificate of insurance in the amount of $500,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage for specific event, listing the City of Bremerton as additional insured if on City property. Products liability must be included if food/beverage vending is part of the special event. NOTE: For any activity of substantial risk that cannot be covered directly under the sponsor's insurance, a certificate of insurance will be required from the participating vendor.
- Any special arrangements for street closures, barricades, etc., will be made directly with the Police/Fire/Street departments by sponsor after the application has been routed.
- A route map showing detailed/highlighted route including directional arrows must be enclosed with application.
Contact the Tax & License division at 360-473-5311 or 360-473-5298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to a business license, the following regulatory licenses may be required for your business:
- Charitable Solicitation (Non-Profit), Professional Fundraiser
- Erotic Dance Studios Dancers
- Mobile Food Vendor
- Street/Sidewalk Vendor
Please visit the City Clerk's Animal Licensing page for information on animal and chicken licensing.